Positions available at our offices in Guildford (UK) and Aberdeen (UK).
Work status requirements:
Applicants must be willing to live in Guildford or Aberdeen (or commute). No relocation monies will be provided.
General job duties:
1. Perform cathodic protection design, attenuation modeling and general corrosion consulting.
2. Ensure that consistent and accurate design procedures and calculations are output.
3. Provide technical input into ongoing product development/improvement effort.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
1. Perform and review CP designs as required.
2. Visit offshore or onshore jobsites from time to time. Applicant will be required to travel internationally and in the field (up to 8 to 10 weeks per annum maximum).
3. Assist in development of company technical data sheets and technical sales tools.
4. Visit and participate in technical seminars and forums.
5. Assist in development of specifications and procedures relevant to our work.
6. Write and check deliverable reports.
7. Maintain professional certifications at highest available level.
Prerequisite education & experience:
1. Education: BS degree or equal in an engineering discipline.
2. Certification: NACE (CP) preferred at level 3 or above. (NACE certification encouraged, but not required.)
3. Language: English language fluency in reading, writing and speaking.
4. Literacy: Able to compile and review engineering documents and specifications; ability to interpret engineering drawings.
5. Computer literacy: Full computer literacy in basic applications including Excel, MathCad, MS Office, etc.
6. Experience: 5 years experience in design, inspection and commissioning of CP systems is ideal.
Site work including climbing stairs and ladders, carrying heavy equipment and working at heights.
Posted: May 1, 2012
Experience: Mid-to-high level
Functions: Offshore cathodic protection engineering
Industries: Oil & Energy
Compensation: Annual salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits after 90 days.
Business travel exposure to hot, cold, wet or humid conditions, near moving mechanical/electrical machinery, high/precarious places and travel to offshore locations.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Corrosion Engineer UK" in the subject line, or call +44 (0) 1483 600482 and ask for Kassandra.