Work status requirements:
Must have proof of US work status and residency; Deepwater will not sponsor for this position.
General job duties:
1. Manage engineering and R&D group, supervise and review all output from the department.
2. Perform engineering duties, review relevant customer documents, designs and specifications and write concise reports.
3. Provide technical input into ongoing projects and research and development initiatives (including product improvement.
4. Supervise and develop Deepwater’s internal and external technical training program(s).
Essential duties & responsibilities:
1. Manage all engineering projects - including staff assignments and budgets - and review all final engineering deliverables.
2. Provide engineering support to Projects Group for any required technical assitance for large manufacturing and installation projects.
3. Manage engineering and R&D staff, assess staffing levels, and make recommendations for department staff levels and structure.
4. Mentor graduate engineers and EIT candidates, ensuring that they obtain corrosion and cathodic protection credentials consistent with Deepwater’s standards.
5. Prepare and supervise in-house training classes from time to time.
6. Assist in preparation of various internal technical documents.
7. Participate in technical practice committees associated with relevant trade professional bodies.
8. Prepare and deliver technical papers.
9. Maintain professional certifications at highest level.
10. Perform employee performance reviews and supervision for all direct reports.
11. Attend customer meetings and occasionally go onsite as required.
Prerequisite education & experience:
1. Candidate must be a TX P.E. or obtain reciprocity.
2. Must have a minimum 12 years experience in corrosion and materials engineering, preferably in the offshore or subsea fields.
3. Must have at least 4 years management experience.
4. Must be fluent in English, both spoken and written.
5. Must be highly computer literate and familiar with capabilities of specialty engineering software applications such as Solidworks, Mathcad, rstreng, etc.
Will be required to visit offshore structures and fly on helicopters or ride on offshore vessels. Must be able to pass offshore physical examination and be capable of lifting up to 30lbs. Will walk up and down stairs on offshore installations. Long international fights will be required from time to time.
Posted: October 25th, 2012
Functions: Materials & Corrosion Engineering (cathodic protection)
Compensation: Competitive salary with benefits and incentive package.
Please email resume in confidence with salary requirements to email@example.com with “Engineering Manager” in the subject line.