Field Operations Department
Work Status Requirements:
Must have proof of US work status and residency; Deepwater will not sponsor or relocate for this position.
General job duties:
Reports to Operations Coordinator. Performs offshore inspections, light construction work (above-water anode installations) and is responsible for data entry. Also assists in cathodic protection installations and testing offshore, including survey, continuity testing, data recording and rectifier maintenance / commissioning.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
1. Perform coating and structural inspections offshore.
2. Perform cathodic-protection testing and verification offshore, including rectifier maintenance and troubleshooting.
3. Supervise our anode installation crews and verify quality and integrity of final installations.
4. Offshore days 120 – 180 annually.
Prerequisite education & experience:
1. 3-5 years field experience in the offshore industry.
2. TWIC, Safe-Gulf, water survival, Microsoft Office, Windows, some AutoCad strongly preferred.
3. Experience with logistics.
4. Visual inspection and reporting on onshore and offshore structures.
5. Cathodic protection or corrosion background a plus.
1. Offshore and industrial facility visits require a moderate level of physical activity. Significant periods on airplanes or sitting at a desk.
2. Work environment: Office for majority of time, but will include attendance at pipeline terminals, offshore platforms, boats, rigs, helicopters, foundries, refineries, fabrication yards, docks, etc.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Field Technician / Inspector" in the subject line, or call (713) 983-7117.
Posted: May 1, 2012
Functions: Offshore Inspection and Installations
Industries: Oil & Energy
Compensation: Hourly with overtime