Work status requirements:
Must have proof of US work status and residency; Deepwater will not sponsor or relocate for this position.
As a project manager at Deepwater, you will be responsible for the smooth execution of multiple projects, including the design, manufacture and installation of Deepwater's proprietary offshore cathodic protection equipment. The project manager will oversee engineering design, delivery and installation, including occasional offshore supervision. Project managers coordinate with the technical and outside sales personnel to develop customer relations and further business development. Through experience on each assignment, project managers also drive product improvement, which is a continuous process at Deepwater. The project manager functionally manages all levels of personnel for the duration of the project, but will not have direct line responsibilities for those individuals. Deepwater's projects are small to medium in size, lasting between 2 weeks and 9 months, valued between 30k and 2MM dollars. A project manager can have up to 7 projects at once, though this is rare. This position reports to the lead project manager.
1. Act as project manager for small and large projects
2. Official internal and external customer escalation point of contact
3. Ensure our contractual commitments are fulfilled while maximizing customer satisfaction
4. Interface with all stakeholders to ensure that all relevant project knowledge is transferred
5. Attend customer/plant meetings as required
6. Ensure project engineering documentation and profitability are completed and realized as scheduled
7. Evaluate and interpret field data and draw conclusions and make recommendations
8. Communicate effectively both within the project team and with customers
9. Translate customer purchase orders into fabrication work orders
10. Manage off-site project installation and commissioning
11. Give feedback on design changes to project team
12. Review drawings and system for correctness before being sent to customers or for use in-house
13. Ability to gain product knowledge and CP theories necessary to discuss with customers to determine their needs
14. Generate project proposals
Prerequisite education & experience:
1. Education: B.S. in science or engineering from a four-year college or university, three - five years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Language: English language fluency in reading, writing and speaking. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and customers.
3. Mathematical skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
4. Reasoning ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
5. Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Adobe Acrobat; AUTO CAD (optional), MathCAD (optional), Microsoft Project (or similar).
6. Must be willing to travel and work offshore when project and/or training demands require it.
7. Certificates (optional): NACE certifications, offshore safety training, PMP a plus.
8. Corrosion / cathodic protection experience, offshore experience, manufacturing experience a plus.
Posted: May 1, 2012
Functions: Project management
Compensation: Annual salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits after 90 days.
Primarily office based. Deepwater's manufacturing facilities are located in Houston. Project managers will spend time offshore on high-profile projects a maximum of 60 days per year. Business travel no more than 30 days per year.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Project Manager" in the subject line, or call (713) 983-7117.