Work status requirements:
Must have proof of US work status and residency; Deepwater will not sponsor or relocate for this position.
General job duties:
1. Perform cathodic protection design, attenuation modeling and general corrosion consulting.
2. Ensure that consistent and accurate design procedures and calculations are output.
3. Provide technical input into ongoing product development/improvement effort.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
1. Perform and review CP designs as required.
2. Visit offshore or onshore jobsites from time to time.
3. Mentor / train younger or less experienced engineers.
4. Assist in development of company technical data sheets and technical sales tools.
5. Visit and participate in technical seminars and forums.
6. Assist in development of specifications and procedures relevant to our work.
7. Write and check deliverable reports.
8. Maintain professional certifications at highest available level.
Prerequisite education & experience:
1. Education: BS degree or equal in an engineering discipline.
2. Certification: NACE (CP) preferred at level 3 or above. (NACE certification encouraged, but not required.)
3. Language: English language fluency in reading, writing and speaking.
4. Literacy: Able to compile and review engineering documents and specifications; ability to interpret engineering drawings.
5. Computer literacy: Full computer literacy in basic applications including Excel, MathCad, MS Office, etc.
6. Experience: 5-10 years experience in design, inspection and commissioning of CP systems is ideal.
Standard office environment with occasional climbing of stairs and ladders and carrying of 30 lb of equipment due to business travel.
Posted: May 1, 2012
Functions: Offshore cathodic protection engineering
Industries: Oil & Energy
Compensation: Annual salary commensurate with experience. Full benefits after 90 days.
Business travel exposure to wet or humid conditions, near moving mechanical parts, high/precarious places, outdoor weather, some electrical shock and travel to offshore locations.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Senior Corrosion Engineer" in the subject line, or call (713) 983-7117.